Time passes real fast. BB Sophie is already 3 months and 3 weeks old. To date, I had brought her out on my own a few times. I remember the first time I brought her out after my confinement was to the supermarket for groceries shopping. I was worried about what to bring out with BB Sophie and I texted a good friend of mine to ask her about it. I even googled about the basic essentials in a diaper bag.
I’ve tried various bags. Even a single compartment tote bag which I had for many years. BB Sophie was born in 2015, a year where Singapore celebrated our golden jubilee year. So this makes BB Sophie a Golden Jubilee Baby!! For baby born in 2015, we were entitled to a gift bag and inside is one very good diaper bag – Skip Hop Duo Deluxe Diaper Bag, which comes with a changing pad. What’s not to love? It had been discontinued by the manufacturer.
In this post, I’m going to share the essentials which i packed inside my diaper bag plus a few tips and tricks which I discovered along the way.BB Sophie is fully formula – fed.
- Skip Hop Duo Deluxe Diaper Bag
- S size disposable diapers from Huggies – I usually pack minimally 8-10 pieces each time i’m out the whole day
- Wet wipes and tissue – a real life saver in whichever situation that calls for it
- Nappy cream, body lotion, and teething gel
- Rattle and toy to keep the baby happy
- Soother/ Pacifier
- Blanket when we enter cold places
- Buckwheat pillow
- A small baby towel
- Extra clothings – This onesie is from Uniqlo which has very good and soft materials
- Phillips Avent Milk Bottle
- BabyMoov Formula container – I bought this recently, the good thing about this is it’s big enough to put snacks when she gets older
- Hot flask – useful when you are going to places that does not have hot water dispenser
- Water bottle
- My wallet – for travelling card and cash
- My makeup bag which has basic toiletries and makeup
- Hand Sanitiser – This is totally optional. I bought this recently because I went to a place for dinner and toilet was inaccessible. After changing BB Sophie from her soiled diaper, there was no way to clean myself.
Items not shown on chart
- Plastic bags – useful when you have to change BB in the public and there are no nursing rooms and bins in sight.
- Transparent pouches – useful to organise your things when you have a third party helping you to change, i.e. your hubby or parents or even friends.
- Q-tip – useful for applying teething gel when you cannot wash your hands.
*Note – this is not a sponsored post. Everything I post I bought them myself.